Conjunct's mission is to build the capacity of social good organisations. A core part of our mission is also developing socially-conscious leaders. Over the past 8 years, we've worked with over 140 social good organisations and over 1,000 pro-bono and low-bono consultants.
Conjunct Uni Role:
The Project Advisor (PA) is an integral part of Conjunct Consulting’s student consulting projects, based out of three universities in Singapore: Singapore Management University (SMU), National University Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). PAs provide guidance, support project quality and are an invaluable source of knowledge and mentorship. In the project team, there are two PAs and five student consultants including one Project Leader. As a PA, you will work regularly with them to frame issues, guide analyses, as well as provide feedback on presentations and other deliverables. By giving project specific support and helping the team attain professional standards, you will be providing our social sector partner organisations with the strategic recommendations needed for them to maximise their social impact. This is a voluntary position.
- Each consulting project cycle is 14 weeks long (consisting of 4 weeks of preparation and 10 weeks of engagement)
- During these 14 weeks, PAs should expect to spend on average 5-7 hours per week, by attending team meetings in-person and problem solving with the team via email / skype.
- To attend at least 50% of the internal project team meetings and key project milestones (see below).
Key Project Milestones
- Project Handover , Saturday - Compulsory Attendance
- Kick-off meeting with partner
- Project Engagement Launch, Saturday afternoon event
- Internal Midpoint Review, Saturday
- External Midpoint with partner
- Internal Endpoint Review, Saturday
- External Endpoint with partner
To be selected as a PA, you must be available to attend at least 5 of these project milestones. They typically only take about 2 hours but it means PAs must be in Singapore for at least 5 of these dates.
The PA's main role is to advise on the project scoping, framing of issues, and guiding of the team in delivering high quality output.
Conjunct Pro Role:
The consultant will have an opportunity to work with similar like-minded professionals looking to use their skills to make a difference in the community. You will also have an opportunity to work closely with the non-profit partner you are delivering the project to. As a consultant, you will be responsible for taking on individual and/or team tasks to completion in order to deliver the project successfully and to a high quality. This is a low-bono position.
Role Responsibilities may include:
- Project based: Work within a consulting team of 2 consultants & 1 project lead.
- Attend partner/client update meetings, including the midpoint and endpoint.
- Attend weekly team meetings with the team
- Workstream based: Complete individual work streams as part of the larger project.
- Tasks for both project and workstream based may include:
- Conducting Interview, surveys, desktop research
- Data analysis
- Presentation / Storyboard preparation
- Report writing – depending on what the scope has outlined as the deliverables.
- Facilitate at workshops
Desired Qualities for all Conjunct Roles:
- Passionate: Embodies Conjunct's passion for social impact and our communities
- Collaborative: Serves the team through initiative, mentorship and communication
- Impact-Focused: Understands the need to be pragmatic and deliver results for client